The Upper Scale Frozen Giant Scarlet Prawns x 800g net (approx 5-7 prawns)
- One of the most coveted prawns in kitchens around the world
- Also known as carabineros, these are jumbo in size and bright red in colour
- Offering a more distinct, robust flavour than other prawns, due to the depth from which they are fished
- A soft, melting texture and exquisite taste – a real gem and a talking point for any meal
- All of this makes for a hefty price but the experience is worth it
- These red wonders need very little accompaniment
- Whilst their meat resides in the tail, the head and body should not be overlooked and are excellent for flavoursome soups and sauces.
- Some consider the flavour of the heads as a “delicacy” and deep fried crispy prawn head is a favourite
- Once the prawns have been defrosted they must be consumed within 24 hrs.
- Allergens: Shellfish
These large deep-sea scarlet prawns can be found in the Eastern Atlantic and into the Mediterranean Sea. One of the most coveted prawns in kitchens around the world, these beautiful scarlet prawns, also known as carabineros, are jumbo in size, bright red in colour and offer a more distinct, robust flavour than other prawns. Due to the depth from which they are fished, they have a soft, melting texture and exquisite taste - a real gem and a talking point for any meal. All of this makes for a hefty price but the experience is worth it.
These red wonders need very little accompaniment and whilst their meat resides in the tail, the head and body should not be overlooked; these are excellent for making flavoursome soups and sauces. None of this prawn should go to waste, and some consider the flavour of their heads as a “delicacy”; deep fried crispy prawn head is a favourite
The Upper Scale Ltd are based at the UK’s largest fish market, Billingsgate Market in London, where our expert buyer, with over twenty years experience, has access to a wide variety of quality fish. We also have representatives at all major ports in the UK, buying our fish direct from day boats and sustainable stocks. Founded in 1992, The Upper Scale prides itself on supplying the best quality seafood to major hotels and restaurants in London and is now the leading supplier of fresh fish to Michelin-starred establishments in the capital. This premium quality seafood is now being made available in portion sizes to the private sector via our Home Delivery Service.