NEXT DAY DELIVERY SERVICE*
ORDER BEFORE MIDNIGHT FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY
MINIMUM ORDER VALUE £20
UK DELIVERY ALSO AVAILABLE VIA COURIER
*Next day delivery is only available within our London Delivery Service.
Dorset/Palourde Clams (800g – 1KG Bag)
- These Dorset clams are otherwise known as Palourde clams
- Palourde clams are considered the best in terms of variety of clam and therefore command a higher price than other clams.
- Clams offer a real taste of the sea with their fresh, salty aroma.
- Place your clams in a bowl, cover with a damp cloth to stop them from drying out and place in the fridge.
- These clams have already been filtered; no need to soak/purge for a period of time in water. This may kill the clams
- You can rinse them quickly to remove any last bit of grit that may remain.
- Consume within 2 days of delivery.
- Do not freeze raw product
- Clams are a mollusc and therefore contains allergens.
These Dorset clams, otherwise known as Palourde clams, are molluscs and are cultivated on the South Coast of the UK, in the North East Atlantic. Palourdes are considered the best in terms of variety of clam and therefore command a higher price point than other clams. Clams offer a real taste of the sea with their fresh, salty aroma. The flavour of Parlourde clam is comparable with the sweetness of Lobster or Scallop.
The Upper Scale are based at the UK’s largest fish market, Billingsgate Market in London, where our expert buyer, with over twenty years experience, has access to a wide variety of quality fish. We also have representatives at all major ports in the UK, buying our fish direct from day boats and sustainable stocks.