We deliver to Central London and surrounding areas - for full map of areas covered, please click here
For information on our delivery options, times, minimum spend and lots more please visit our FAQ page.
The Upper Scale Dorset/Palourde Clams (800g – 1KG Bag)
- These Dorset clams are otherwise known as Palourde clams
- Palourdes are considered the best in terms of variety of clam and therefore command a higher price than other clams.
- Clams offer a real taste of the sea with their fresh, salty aroma. The flavour of Parlourde clam is comparable with the sweetness of Lobster or Scallop.
- Place your clams in a bowl, cover with a damp cloth to stop them from drying out and place in the fridge.
- Consume within 2 days of delivery.
- Do not freeze raw product
- Clams are a mollusc and therefore contains allergens.
These Dorset clams, otherwise known as Palourde clams, are molluscs and are cultivated on the South Coast of the UK, in the North East Atlantic. Palourdes are considered the best in terms of variety of clam and therefore command a higher price point than other clams. Clams offer a real taste of the sea with their fresh, salty aroma. The flavour of Parlourde clam is comparable with the sweetness of Lobster or Scallop.
The Upper Scale Ltd are based at the UK’s largest fish market, Billingsgate Market in London, where our expert buyer, with over twenty years experience, has access to a wide variety of quality fish. We also have representatives at all major ports in the UK, buying our fish direct from day boats and sustainable stocks.
Established in 1992, The Upper Scale Ltd prides itself on supplying the best quality seafood to major hotels and restaurants in London and is now the leading supplier of fresh fish to Michelin-starred establishments in the capital. This premium quality whole monkfish tail is now being made available in portion sizes to the private sector via our Home Delivery Service.